Ok, another one for Western Mass -- watch Red Sox Nation July 22nd @7pm on Northampton Community Television (NCTV), Channel 15. They are running a contest to name an ice cream flavor for the Red Sox. My girlfriend and I (being displaced Yankee fans) submitted the following entries.
- Bucky Dent Crunch: Mint ice cream with Nestle Crunch pieces (commemorates the Dent homer over the mint-green monster in the '78 playoff game)
- Curse of the Bambino: Butter scotch ice cream with Baby Ruth pieces (Babe Ruth loved to drink scotch and eat butter)
- 1918 Praline: Vanilla ice cream with pralines (1918 is the last time the Sox won the series)
- Ted Williams' Head: Frozen coconut ice cream with blueberries and splendid splinters of chocolate (Ted Williams' Head was frozen after his death by his son -- I assume his head is now blue -- he was known as The Splendid Splinter)
- Pudge Ripple: Mint ice cream with fudge ripples (to commemorate Pudge Fisk's homerun over the Green Monster in game 6 of the '75 series)
- Boston Sucks: Red Bean ice cream with lollipop pieces (Bean = Boston and Lollipop = Sucks)
If we win we get free Bart's ice cream all year. I think that maybe Pudge Ripple
has a chance, even though I picked him because he was the last Sox player who didn't choke
(although they lost the series the next day).